Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134

Thread: OK, serious topic with regards Glitzinet

  1. #111
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by IH Rich Rags:
    Yes connections are the most important things in music or any creative business. I have more than one Guardian Angel and Im stoked about that.

    Thats why I manage two shit hot bands in the 21st century with major deals, and people who belive in me, my efforts, and my integrity to try and do what is right, not what serves my purpose, and thats why you keep harping on about John fucking Lydons birth certificate. Ethel barrymore used to drink here own piss becuase she thougfht it would stop her becoming a more wizzend old soak than she was.

    Please!
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Harping? I only mentioned it once. Darren wants me to "spill the beans" as it were, so I gave him a sample of what I could say. Yes, old experiences are good, modern experiences are better. The Barrymores had their own eccentricities, and Drew has certainly inherited her share from her parents' weird relationship.


    Let the arguing cease.

  2. #112
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Stacey.:
    Now lets see the thread nazis categorize this one, hehe.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">It goes into a new one called "Fruity World", where all the topics go once they become "wacky".

  3. #113
    Inactive Member Buttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate to name drop,.. but Overend Watts came to the shop recently. He was walking around the coast of the U.K. dressed as a kind of medievel wizard. But that's another story. He had a back pack on that was 2nd to none. "What a wonderful sight" I thought, as I directed him back into the sea....

  4. #114
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Carl I.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by Deviant D:
    Too much time to think, back then. Nowadays it's
    kind of the reverse. Don't worry, chief, my
    lugubrious predilection for prolix circumlocution
    will be back once I've graduated in April, and I
    give myself a little holiday. I may even travel
    the States for a while, actually.

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">No shit? If you find yourself in the Chicago area, drop me a line, I'll buy you a glass of wine. Though, didn't you drop the drink? Seriously though, drop me a line and we'll hit the town a bit on one night.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Cheers fella, I look forward to it. I did drop
    the booze, yeh, but there's no way I'm sipping
    Evian over Xmas. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    States travels will possibly start in 'Frisco,
    and then I'll work eastwards, as I'll probably need
    to see Vain about our DVD business (replication
    costs, etc.)

    D.

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 02, 2005 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  5. #115
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'Darren wants me to "spill the beans" as it were--'

    Keep your beans to yourself, Geoffrey, because
    I couldn't give a fuck. Tell me who you really
    are, and you may possibly arose my interest.

    D.

  6. #116
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In answer to the Zell thing, yeah I used to see him quite lot until I moved. He lives in kentish Town and me in camden so always walking in to him somewhere. Ray is hysterical without actually menaing to be. He has the worst memory Ive ever come across. Like, remembering what he did the day before.
    Lovely guy though and a gentleman

  7. #117
    Inactive Member Darryl Wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by IH Rich Rags:
    . He has the worst memory Ive ever come across. Like, remembering what he did the day before.
    Lovely guy though and a gentleman
    <font size="4" face="Arial">That explains a lot. I was speaking to him at the NY Dolls show and mentioned the Sylvain Sylvain-produced Motorcycle Boy album and he had no idea what I was taling about, even though it would have been one of only around 10 albums released in th 90s that he would have liked.

  8. #118
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Motorcycle Boy album was ace. Did they do
    any more?

    D.

  9. #119
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by Carl I.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by JayForSure:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by Deviant D:
    'Darren wants me to "spill the beans" as it were--'

    Keep your beans to yourself, Geoffrey, because
    I couldn't give a fuck. Tell me who you really
    are, and you may possibly arose my interest.

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Keep your churlishness to yourself, Darlene. You and I have always had a sort of tension on this board even when we were getting along, namely because I'm the only one who understood your postings most of the time! The others were peeved because they didn't understand them, I was because I did!

    I like the way this thread is going now. I'm just waiting for fruits to be brought into it [img]wink.gif[/img] .
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">I don't know about that, many of us would correct his spelling errors. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] But ya make it sound like this place is populated by idiots. Whereas I seem to remember many of the people pointing out certain errors in the use of certain words. I'm not belittling D. here, but more taking offense to the slight made towards everybody on the board. But again, I am sure I am just misreading your post. And there, I am not trying to be sarcastic, but being honest. You just paint with a HUGE fucking brush much of the time, and what you are getting at sometimes gets lost.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Carl: Yes, people were correcting his spelling errors, and a lot of them there were, too. I also remember word usages corrected as well, you are right. I do recall that a lot of people were more annoyed by the fact that he used multisyllabic words than by the fact that he was an arrogant prig about it. As for me sometimes making generalisations, I'm pleading nolo contendere, no contest, to that. That may be more for rhetoric's sake than anything else.

    Regarding Darren's bullshit again, and to head him off at the proverbial pass: I don't post about my life now because I'm not really doing that much of interest in this field at this time. When I can get some personal shit out of the way and reestablish some of my old contacts, then I'll have some things to post about. If I can get something going that I'm thinking of, been for awhile, I would most likely be involving some of the people on this board.

  10. #120
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    It may be for rhetoric's sake, but it's not necessarilly incorrect.

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 02, 2005 09:12 PM: Message edited by: JayForSure ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •